When I think seersucker fabric, I envision wearing summer shorts on a yacht with boat shoes and a polo tee. Ahh. It’s a preppy warm weather fabric perfect for a sundress or breezy button-up—no Ralph Lauren ad scenery required.
If you’re already working on your spring wardrobe and aren’t quite sure how to utilize that lovely pebbled seersucker fabric you bought, here are some classic, and not-so-classic ideas to give a whirl.
1. Try a pair of cigarette pants. The silhouette of this pegged pair is reminiscent of the ‘60s and would make for a smart modern piece at any event.
2. Or, go for those yacht-worthy shorts like I mentioned. There’s really no classier way to bare your legs come rising temperatures.
3. Give a vintage nod in a gathered blouse. Play with notions like ribbons and lace to lean that seersucker in a sweet ‘70s direction.
4. Really beach it up with swimwear. J.Crew goes as far as to make their swimsuits out of the textured textile. Dive in!
5. Get really girly in a fit-and-flare dress. Can’t you just picture it looking just right on a picnic blanket?
6. Mix up your office wear with a cheerful blazer. The nautical twist transitions from work to cocktails to the sand seamlessly. Pair it with a sheath for fancier occasions and blue jeans for casual ones.
7. Forget the outdoors and don’t wait for the cold weather to dissipate—make a set of cozy pajamas for you or a loved one. Although, be warned, it will just make it that much harder to leave home these next couple months.